RE: A quieter, gentler footswitch?...

Yup. I thought of this before installing the new switches and did in fact
put rubber washers in
there between the metal plate and the nuts. I think it helped some, but
not enough. The inside of
the unit is pretty hollow and I was thinking about some sort of foam
stuffing... though at this
stage of the game, I've got an entirely different notion of 'stuffing'
this foot controller
(involving the idiot who designed it)...

Ferrara

--- Jeff Larson <jeff.larson@sailpoint.com> wrote:

> If you feel like tinkering, you might try putting a rubber
> washer or grommet between the switch and the case to damp
> the vibrations.  I suppose filling the case with foam
> or jello might help, but you may damage the circuits :-)
>
> Jeff

Ferrara Brain Pan

http://www.formsofthingsunknown.com

"Let the great constellation of flickering ashes be heard..."

Noel Scott Engel