Re: Mixer with MIDI scene recall

At 4:03 PM -0800 11/2/06, mark sottilaro wrote:
>--- Doug Wellington <dougwellington@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > The one thing the Repeater has that the other two don't
>  > is the storage capability
>
>Don't forget it's pitch and time stretching
>abilities... or it's programmable effects loop.  Other
>than the Repeater, nothing I'm awear of does this.

I still love my Repeater, but now that the LP-1 has its Aux Outs
up-&-running, I've been using an external pitch-shift unit to obtain
similar -- yet no less interesting -- results.

Also, over on the Looperlative board, Knights also figured out how to
do quick-and-dirty time shifting by combining a pitch shifter with
the loop manipulation capabilities already inside the LP-1.  For
instance, you want to double the length of a loop without affecting
it's pitch?  Half-speed the loop on the LP-1, then use the pitch
shifter to bump it up by an octave.  Tres' simple.

Of course, I still love the immediacy and the bizarre artifacting of
the Repeater, both of which are reasons I keep mine around.  However,
other hardware is beginning to come closer to some of those functions
too.

        --m.
--
_______
"Take a packet of seeds.  Take yourself out to play