Re: Guitar Rig 2 as looper or looper feed?

Yeah, I hear you.  After you strip away a lot of the
cool effects the amp sims left me a little flat.  I
also think it's odd that they don't let you bypass the
mic sim.  IMO, micing a cabinate is the last way I'd
like to effect my tone.  The idea is to capture it as
close to how it sounds to you live.. no?

When I A/B'd them to my Vox Tonelab SE the Tonelab
won.  Considering I like it as a "controller" as well,
it wouldn't make any sense to replace it with
something else (the guitar rig controller) that needs
to be lugged around.

I did love a lot of the other stuff it does though
even though I agree the looper seems like an after
thought they tacked on without really thinking about
what a looper might want it to do.

Anyway, I tried Freeamp... not sure what went wrong
but I get no sound in or out of that plug in.
Everything else works fine...  Perhaps I need to
reinstall.

Thanks for the info,

Mark

--- paul <phaslem@wightman.ca> wrote:

> The amp simulations are fine but I've been liking
> the sound of freeamp
> better. You might want to check it out, it also
> comes with some virtual
> stomp boxes (chorus, reverb, distortion, delay,
> phasor, and a few more....
> you'll find it at http://www.frettedsynth.com/ under
> amp simulators.

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business
(http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com)