Southern CA venues

Hello.  I'm new to this list, got involved with it just before the great Kyberloopfest which I got to be involved in.  My name is Jim Goodin and I"m a composer/guitarist based in Brooklyn, NY.  I do a range of music from solo acoustic to a bit more abstract hence the draw to this community.

I've noticed that several on this list are based in CA so I wanted to bounce an email fishing for performance leads in mainly southern CA but even further north as I've been pitching that direction lately.  I'm coming to CA in January for the NAMM show (I'm a GHS Strings and Godin/Seagull endorser) in Anaheim.  I've got one clinic performance scheduled (date TBA) at the Sam Ash in Puente Hills but am still seeking a couple of other gig possibilities.

Places I've pitched have been Fret House, Genghis Cohen, Coffee Gallery Backstage (played there last year), house concert hosts from San Diego to Monterey, Acoustic Expressions in SD, Dizzy's in SD.  I'm looking for a range from coffee bar worse case or if good room like the Backstage in Altadena to more experimental turf.  I've played in the LA-area now a dozen times on various NAMM shows but clearly an "unknown commodity".

So any recommended good rooms?  Do most places in your areas want complete kits or is that overkill?  In Ny it ranges but many just want a disc.

Thanks for all.  If anyone is coming to NY I can certainly be a source.

For more on me visit http://www.jimgoodinmusic.com and on My Space http://www.myspace.com/JimGoodinMusic.

Cheers and thanks

Jim Goodin
--