Re: My Thanksgiving Vacation Project: Building a new looping computer w/Core 2 Duo

----- Original Message -----
From: "Per Boysen" <perboysen@gmail.com>
> s I have come to the conclusion that the type of sound  effect patches I
> like to play with in my TC Electronic FireworX takes  up to the full
> hundred percent of my one processor 2 GHz Centrino.  This means I would
> weight in at about half the available CPU recourse  level, on a core 2
> duo, and 50 % is pretty much the limit I've found  you should not go
>over
> if you want to have a rock solid system for  performing live with.

What sort of effects or stacks of effects are you proposing would take
100%
of your CPU power, Per?
I assume you mean that of a single core, based on the above.  I'm confused
why you would say that
50% is a criteria for a rock solid performance system. That's like saying
the max speed of your car is 120
miles per hour, but you better only drive if 60 miles per hour if you want
it to perform optimally.  Have
you experienced crashes with the meter at over 50% on a duo core?  This is
the type of behavior that
Intil ingineers would want to know about, becaues I'm certain they didn't
design the duo core to become
unstable above 50% processor utilization.

Kris