Re: Keller Williams / jam bands/ rc50

Yeah, the jam band scene is Kellers bread and butter ..... I first saw him
play at a jam band festival a number of years back.  It was the first time
saw anyone loop .... actually he looped a good bit more back then.

Keller, on the other hand, credits Victor Wooten as the first person he
saw
loop.

Speaking of which, I saw Bela fleck this past year.  Every member of that
group (minus the saxophonist) has a solo performance for every show.
Victors was a long looped piece on the RC50.  He managed to play all the
parts to a Bela fleck song himself, then just float off into a bunch of
fun
looped jams.  VW is amazing man.

Anyway ... your right, the jam band scene has taken to looping pretty
heavily now.  There are a number of jam bands that use loop pedals.

>From: Richard Sales <richard@glasswing.com>
>To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>Subject: Re: Keller Williams / jam bands/ rc50
>Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:48:14 -0800
>
>Well... I found Keller interesting because he draws a decent crowd.
>What's
>about this jam band thing?  Is HE a jam band?  Do any of you besides
>David
>(Gans) pursue this avenue? Seems like fertile ground for loopers.
>
>I've finally gotten pretty deep into the RC50 and am already deeply
>lusting
>for a Looperlative.  The inability to switch between multi mode (loops
>playing simultaneously - like layering) and single (loops playing linear
>-
>one after the other) within one set of loops is kind of frustrating.  I'd
>like one loop to be the guide track that plays under all the other
>loops...
>but not have all the other loops layer on top of each other.  (I wonder
>if
>you can do that with the Looperlative?)
>OR, in the RC 50,  if you could replace the dorky preset guide tracks
>would
>be sweet.   Haven't found that in any documentation.  Seems possible,
>though.
>
>The limitation of three loops is a bomb - especially for a non layering
>looper!  And the well known RC50 glitch is a pain in the butt sometimes.
>But it sounds good enough.  And I am definitely now fully addicted to
>looping!
>
>Haven't tried looping in the (nonMIDI) band setting yet because I think
>we
>might need in ear monitors to hear the click track and stay in sync.
>Might
>experiment with it when all the members are together again, though.
>
>Hayley's record will be out in March and that's going very very well.
>We're remixing, recorded new songs and new drums on some of the old
>songs.
>Crazy because the original was - I think - perfect, but the record
>company
>wanted the new songs and Hayley wanted a different drum sound on some of
>the songs - less pop, more 'live' feeling.
>
>Every day is a new measure!
>
>richard sales
>glassWing farm and studio
>vancouver island, b.c.
>800.545.6846
>250.752.4816
>www.glassWing.com
>www.richardsales.com
>www.hayleysales.com
>www.blueberryfieldsfarm.com
>On 26-Nov-06, at 1:29 PM, David Gans wrote:
>
>>At 12:44 PM -0800 11/26/06, Travis Hartnett wrote:
>>
>>>Folks who aren't used to the concept of looping are taken the newness
>of
>>>Keller's thing (to their ears) but once you get past the fact that he's
>>>using some box to record his playing, then you just focus on his actual
> [...]

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by
style,
age, and price. Try it!