EWI looping clip posted

http://www.looproom.com/audio/ewi_jam_nov2006.mp3
If anyone should be interested...

Musically:
Just jamming with myself into a long loop. No defined tempo, key or
chord structure. Only goofing around, reacting to sound and gestures,
layering whatever comes into my mind.

Technically:
Using the EWI4000s to play samples lifted off the tape loops of the
original mellotrones MK2 and M300. Oh, there's one exception, the
trumpet sound which I picked from the Logic default sample library
(and tweaked a lot). The sound unit you hear is my Powerbook laptop
recorded straight from the stereo output. On the powerbook I used
Logic and its sampler EXS24, which by the way is an excellent sampler
for EWI playing because it lets you custom the sound patches to
react, soundwise, to all MIDI data sent out from the EWI when you are
playing it. I reworked all the mellotrone sample patches - and the
trumpet patch - to fit my personal playing style, which I guess is
something you have to do to feel ok with playing an EWI. The looper
used was Expert Sleepers AU plug-in Augustus Loop. The ticking sound
noise you hear (that sounds a bit like a damaged vinyl disk) is
caused by a the Pluggo plug-in "SpeedShifter" (Cycling74). I love the
undertones SpeedShifter can add so I can live with those artifacts.

Because I can't find any other sampler, than the EXS24, to match the
sensitivity of the EWI I have been using the G4 Powerbook a lot for
some days now and I must say I'm amazed how efficient it is with
Logic and the Cycling74 plug-ins! When I bought Pluggo  I was mainly
using them on a dual G5 and had a lot of issues. The good guys at
Cyclinig74 tried to help me out but they had a hard time since they
didn't even have a G5 machine to troubleshoot their software on. So
for some years I have been living with the false assumption that
Cycling74 software is unstable and risky to use. But in fact
Cycling74 stuff rocks on a G4 powerbook that should be "a slow
laptop" compared to the new machines (so does Logic).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)