Re: Back on LD

hi matt!
welcome back.

On Nov 29, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Matt Davignon wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm back on the list. I used to be a member a few years ago.

I've worked with a large number of sound sources ofver the last 10 years, including records, field recordings, found objects, musical instruments and electronics. For the last 3 years or so I've been focusing on drum machine. Sounds dumb in print, I know, but it's nothing like what you're probably thinking of. It has more in common with modern max-msp composition (laptop stuff), drone music or 70's synthesizer space music than anything with traditional rhythms.

I've got a new cd out this year ("SoftWetFish"), which is still making modest rounds on college stations around the USA. As a resident of Oakland, California, I'm a frequent performer in the vibrant San Francisco bay area experimental & improvised music scene. ...And some of you may know me from theY2K looping festivals in Santa Cruz.

Just saying hello for now. If anyone's curious about the drum machine stuff, there are samples at: www.ribosomemusic.com

Matt Davignon