----- Original Message -----
From: "Miko Biffle" <biffoz@arczip.com>

>> Fake passion, real passion, purple passion, purple people eater
> passion....the entertainment industry could care less. Like I said,
> sometimes playing the "I'm sincere" card backfires, because people flock
> insincerity.
>
> How do you know it's insincere?  Because *you* think it is?  And if
>you're
> "playing the sincere card", that's insincere!

Hmmmm....maybe because they admit it?  I said "sometimes". So are you
therefore
saying that all people in the entertainment industry are always
intentionally sincere?
That appears to be the contrary of my claim, and quite an extrodinary one
at
that.

> Many actors step into and out of character, yet still retain their
> integrity.

You  just confimed my original point by saying "many"...that implies there
are
some who don't. Thank sfor doing my work for me. The world is not all roses
and cream. "Some" people out there don't have integrity or are
intentionally
incincere, by our most common definitions of these terms.

> > . . . For a creative guy, you're sounding somewhat intolerant.
>
> It doesn't matter what *we*, *others* or *I* know . . . it's about you.
>If
> your intent isn't to communicate honestly, it's about deceit.

It's not about me, in this case.  I'm communicating
a set of ideas, and it is irrelevant whether I believe in them or not.
It's
about
the stimulation of discourse. One can communicate thoughts and ideas
without
believing in all of them or taking everything personal.  Do you believe
that
advancements in thought and understanding arise partly by heathly debate,
synthesis,
antithesis, etc?  I do. Or do I need to put a sticky note on my computer
screen that
says, "Note to self: When communicating with Miko, please ensure
everything
say is a personal statement about myself and is utterly sincere and
honest".  :)
It's note even the right context to ask for that sort  of thing...we're
exhanging ideas.
man.....I'm not asking for a psychoanalysis. It's words on a computer
screen
that
makes us think and feel. That I got a reaction out of you makes me happy
[note, I'm
being sincere here].

> My belief is that however corny, contrived, or schlocky others perceive
> someone's act to be, that person gets up in the morning and intends to do
> their best. If their best is cheesy to you, so what? They're being
>honest,
> and commiting to a plan of action. More power to them, and their honest
> effort deserves respect. You don't have to like it, but it's worthy. Is a
> devil's advocate and poseur just-for-the-fake-of-it worthy?

That's great. And you think someone here is disagreeing with you? I don't
recall
anyone saying Keller didn't deserve repect. I don't think you even need to
argue your point above. Doesn't most everyone deserve this sort of respect?
Perhaps you should go back and read some of my original points, because it
seems like this thread become fuzzy in light of what people are actually
claiming
and why.

>> But, seriously, yes, I have experienced many magical moments from
>utterly
> simple pieces of performances.  I don't see your point, though. I was
> intentionally marginalizing his performance with the observation that
>what
> he does is not particular difficult to do or that original and creative,
> and
> magical moments don't negate that fact.
>
> My point is to ask:  If it's so easy-if there's nothing unusual-if it's
> all
> ordinary and bland; what IS it that draws people and inspires them?  Is
>it
> intangible?  Spiritual?  Honest?  Pertinent?

It could be a lot of things. And how does this relate to my original
points?
I seem to have lost how your comments map back to the original points.
Sorry.

K-