Re: Keller Williams- guitar tone??

i've been tempted to chime in several times here on this thread, but after going to the youtube video that aaron refered us to, i have a question for keller fans or otherwise about something that has mystified me for some time about keller williams-

why in this day and age of acoustic guitar amplification with the multitude of pretty damn good pickup systems does he insist on relying on, what sounds like to me, the most generic donald duck piezo pickup sound.  to me it sounds like he's playing well tuned rubber bands.

i confess i'm not a fan, don't like the corny stuff, DO think he's creative within what he's trying to do (whether you go for it or not), do think he's  a fine player (rythym skills particularly)......just not my cup of tea.  i think part of what this guy is about is creating community with the folks who come to his shows, and though i'm not in that genre, i have to say that the jam bandaholics, hippies, whatever you want to call them are some of the coolest people i've met,......AND most of them, despite the stoner stereotype, actually listen to what's going on and value music and PARTICIPATE in music on some level more so than the average joe or jane.  there also some of the most open-minded folks you're going to meet as well.

but about that tone......yikes, i know the guy does michael hedges covers, so he knows there's better pickup systems......
my two cents,
john

=