Re: semi-OT: adrenalinn (was m-audio's Black box)

Hi all,

I've used an Adrenalinn from time to time. The one I have I bought second hand a few years back from a fellow looper on this list.

I've even found interesting (to me) ways of incorporating it into a live performance situation -- although I tend to agree it seems to be a creature made for the studio.

What I do is to reassign the output jacks so that the processed instrument and canned drum sounds go to different outputs.

Once having done that, my favorite things to do is run the drums through an Alesis Bitrman and totally trash them and then through the Vocoder patch on an Alesis Ineko.

Sounds like some sort of weird and weedy hybrid between the hip hop boom box from hell and a Farfisa organ.

Playing guitar on top of this (with timed FX) can sound kinda cool -- if you can imagine being into that sort of thing.

Cheers,

tEd ® kiLLiAn

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=6378076

“As for the 'solitary confinement of the mind,' my theory is that solipsism, like other absurdities of the professional philosopher, is a product of too much time wasted in library stacks between covers of a book, in smoke-filled coffeehouses (bad for the brains) and conversation-clogged seminars.” -- Edward Abbey, from Desert Solitaire

http://www.pfmentum.com/flux.html
http://www.CDbaby.com/cd/tedkillian
http://www.guitar9.com/fluxaeterna.html
http://www.garageband.com/artist/ArsOcarina
http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=2845073
http://www.netmusic.com/web/album.aspx?a_id=CBNM_17314

http://www.loopers-delight.com/cgi-bin/profiles.cgi?step=view_profile&id=121197000042

and Viztas. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Blah, blah, blah. So???

"Different is not always better, but better is always different"