Re: Use of controllers

I'm totally with Mark on this! You should start your research based
on your musical needs rather than available technical options in gear.

> For
> guitar, buttons suck, so it's all on the floor.
I actually had a funny solution for playing guitar looping without
floor controller pedals in the 80-90's. I was using a MIDI guitar and
mapped certain MIDI note numbers of different strings to zones in a
sampler, where I had to prepare the loops in advance. The idea was to
play "normal" guitar not knowing what loops were loaded into the
sampler and challenge oneself by adapting your improvisation to the
soundscapes that was brutally thrown into the music when you happened
to pass by a "trigger note" on the fretboard. Eventually I may return
to that concept now when using the EWI for "MIDI Looping" in Logic
(but then mapping different generative processes to those trigger
notes).

per