Re: software newbie

Dan Katayama wrote:

> i'm really starting to see the limitations of hardware.
> i'm currently using an akai headrush and its hooked up the effects
> loop on my mixer.
> i can virtually loop anything that is coming into the mixer.
> but with the headrush, it just keeps layering, and after each layer
> you lose control over the last layer.

I also have a Headrush that is fed a signal from an effect send.
However, I return it's output to a channel.  This allows me to play with
the EQ on the Headrush's channel.  By sending THIS channel to the
Headrush, the EQ effects alter what's looping.  Or I can choose to leave
the effect send off and loop in the normal manner.

I think your problem may lie more with the limitations of the Headrush
itself, rather than your problem being a hardware issue.  The Echoplex,
for instance, *will* give you more control over previous layers than the
Headrush does, iirc.  (I've never used the EDP, only read about it here.)