Re: EDP NextLoop question

>Recently I was delighted to discover that on the EDP you could copy
>an existing loop over another already-recorded loop when using the
>MIDI commands for direct loop access (instead of the NextLoop button
>on the EFC-7).  This has been something I've been wanting to do but
>hadn't discovered it in the manual.
>
>What I'm wondering is if there's a way to start with something in
>Loop1, then record that to Loop2 while overdubbing (I already know
>this can be done), and then go from Loop2 to Loop3, without pause,
>copying not Loop2, but Loop1 to Loop3, overdubbing as I go.  This
>would allow me to set up a percussion track on Loop1, play a verse
>as Loop2 and then go straight to the chorus for Loop3 with no
>interruption.  Currently I have to go back to Loop1 and the to
>Loop3.  I'm doubting the software supports it, since it seems to
>violate one of the underlying principles of the Loop software, i.e.
>"All operations are based on the current playing loop", but it can't
>hurt to ask.
>
>Travis

:-(  essentially, this is one way which the edp dictates musical structure.

Possibly what you want can be accomplished with the right MIDI controller.

ie from loop2
send command to change to loop 1, and copy to loop3 all in one midi-button
.. it   *should* work

...can't do it with FCB1010 tho'

andy butler