Re: G

Yeah, as far as I know, the light temp is a product of the gas mixture
in the tube and various coatings applied.  I doubt the 60Hz frequency
of the AC influences the color much.  It does, however, make it
flicker ever so slightly and this is what drives us nuts, slowly beats
our souls into submission, etc.  Theoretically, if the frequency were
upped to something like 100Hz the flicker would then be imperceivable
by most humans.  As an experiment, if you have an old CRT monitor, try
lowering the refresh rate to 60Hz and time how long it takes before
you get a headache.  Shouldn't be long.

Regarding the second bulb possibility, simply installing a device to
rotate the AC phase to the second bulb 90 degrees should also do the
trick to smooth out the flickering.  But then again, I'm not an
electrician and don't really know what I'm talking about.

Todd