Boss RC50

Season's greetings everyone. :)

Having lived with 28secs of  loop time (no undo function) on a DL4 I'm in
love with what the RC50 offers in helping me realize my looping fantasies.
I've always dreamed of owning, playing and creating with an Echoplex
Digital
Pro. Well with he RC50 here maybe next time... hopefully it would be a
seriously expanded version called Echoplex MkII :)

I play a Godin Multiac Steel Duet with the RC50 without using the built in
drums as I prefer to create percussive loops by slapping, thumping or
tapping on the guitar's soundboard with my bare hands. This is an
essential
part of my performance and I often also apply delays to the hand beats for
rhythmic variety. I use both Single and Multi modes though I find myself
using the Multi mode most of the time. As I previously stated I do wish
there was a way to switch play back of sections A & B of a song with
phrase
pedal 2 and 3 whilst assigning phrase 1 to contine looping. Currently the
RC50 doesn't allow this but I'm pretty sure this can be resolved with
firmware updates. (BOSS! If you are reading this please, please do so
soon!)
I use the RC50 to compose, improv, practice and teach in my private time
but
I don't use pre stored loops in my solo performance which I can if I
choose
to but somehow prefer the freedom and creative excitement that comes with
creating the loops on the spot when performing for an audience.

I don't seem to fully understand why others are facing such major problems
about the built in drums. How I go about the RC50 is to program some
(blank
audio) presets in multi or single mode with certain parameters (eg. fade
in/out, immmediate/phrase change mode etc) saved according to my range of
looping needs. I always save the presets with the guide drum knob turned
fully clockwise. I use a single expression pedal with the RC50 which I
sometimes save in the patch for general volume control or independent
phrase
volume. During setup for my gigs I go through a lil procedure of checking
that phrase 1,2 & 3 are set correctly, that the input knobs, output knobs
and finally the built in drum vol knob is turned fully anti clockwise.
Except for my above stated wants and needs for improvements the RC50 is so
far so good. :)

I'm currently performing 5 nights a week here in Singapore playing at
Harry's (Harbour Front and Far East Square). Come by if you're in town ya.
My repertoire is a mix of reinterpreted covers in Jazzy Pop, Rock, Blues
and
originals mixed with some ambient and soundscape improvs when the mood is
right.

Randolf Arriola (aka the embryo)
Hp 97584919
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/theembryo.htm