Re: Help needed w/echoplex ARRAY

At 10:10 05/01/2007, you wrote:
>I need to get this setup finished for a client who wants to run 8
>echoplexes with 4 stereo sync'd channels basically.
>
>I think what is happening is..we're going to need some midi
>filtering unless there is some way I'm missing to internally filter
>the start recording messages :-).  Because right now, when one
>starts, they all start or some such thing.  I have to get back to it
>and see where we're going.  It's been a few months but I need to
>find someone before I dig into it again who has experience running
>both brother sync and midi.
>Thanks, -Bob Weigel  406-582-5849

hi Bob,
Put each pair on a different Midi Channel.

If want to sync all the edps to the same timing then it's going to be
a bit tricky to get that to work.

The standard Brother-sync-Midi-linked configuration for a pair of
edps won't work as a MIDI slave,
as the slave of the pair won't sync until the master has finished
recording a loop.

So the first pair of edps could be the Master, with Brother sync and
Sync=Out,
the other 3 should have Sync=In

Actually, I'd wonder if that many EDPs is actually necessary to
achieve the desired musical result :-)
( I do full arrangements with just one pair )

andybutler
www.andybutler.com