RE: Tubes in Pre-amps: your expertise and honest opinion.

Title: RE: Tubes in Pre-amps: your expertise and honest opinion.

>>Speaker swapping is an expensive habit, but when you can do it, try it.<<

he's right- I recently switched from playing my (normally tuned) bass & orange amp through a marshall 4x10 to using a fairly compact & cheap 1x15. the difference is remarkable- I can now feel the bottom end again, amongst other sonic benefits. the main reason for trying this, though, was that the 4x10 was incredibly heavy & we just couldn't be bothered to get it out of our cupboard at the studio.

d.