Re: '69 martin 69k !

I try not to get into the heat of battle on ebay.  I pick an amount
that I'm comfortable with and I stick to it.  I've lost bids by $1 and
it pissed me off, but I made my limit and I stick to it.

Apparently 1969 was the last year that Martin used Brazilian Rosewood
so they are considered collectors guitars.  Though I've seen early
60's D28s going for 6 or 7k, not 69k. Walk around one of the guitar
shows sometime to get a real eye-opener.  The first time I saw a
$500,000 LesPaul I about peed myself.

I have a '35 Martin Tenor that I WISH was worth a few thousand.  But
then I probably wouldn't have it hanging on the wall, would I?

I live pretty near the Martin factory and I've talked to some of their
staff.  Even they are amazed at what the older models are going for
these days.

Tony

--
-==-=-=-