Re: EDP woes

At 06:49 PM 1/7/2007, David Gans wrote:
>The last few times I've tried to use it at gigs, it has behaved
>inappropriately.  The other day I reset the defaults and reprogrammed all
>the settings, and still it wouldn't do what I expected.  Hitting RECORD
>on
>the foot controller got me nothing.  Hitting it again and again,
>eventually it started recording, but when I hit it again it did not go
>into playback mode.

As others noted, you probably just need to clean or replace some switches
in the pedal. The part numbers are on the LD site:
http://www.loopers-delight.com/tools/echoplex/echopedals.html

Guitar players need to change strings sometimes, wind players change
reeds,
drummers need to replace drum heads and sticks, pianos need new felts,
tube
amp users replace tubes, DJs replace crossfaders and needles..... and
loopers sometimes need to replace a footswitch. After all, they are on the
floor with all the dirt and you are tapping/stomping them 1000's of times,
it's gonna wear out eventually.

>Thursday afternoon as I went through all this, I sat down to write a
>letter to Warren Sirota begging for some advice.  Before I sent the
>letter, I went back to the EDP and it performed correctly.

I have no doubt Warren would have tried his best to help, but he wouldn't
really be the most obvious first choice to ask?

kim