Vietnamese music and Live Looping

In the John Hassel thread,
Andy Butler said that he is interested in Vietnamese music.

This reminds me to mention that you folks much check out the wonderful
musical world
of Unity Nguyen.

She was one of the featured artists at the first Woman's Live Looping
Festival
that I curated for the San Jose Museum of Art.

She is a wonderful musician who uses live looping
in her use of West African and Vietnamese music.

She plays both the 21 stringed harp, the Kora (having lived and studied
for
2 1/2 years in Senegal
and Ghana with Kora masters Boubacar Diebate, Ibrahim Cissoko)
and zither/horizontal harp called the Dan Tranh (instructed originally by
Van-Anh Vo)

She also is a beautiful singer and a beautiful spirit as well.

This rennaisance woman with a generous heart  also has a Masters in
Traditional Chinese Medicine,
a BS in Environmental Policy and Behaviour and is currently in medical
school to become
a doctor of Traditional Western Medicine.

All of this work has curtailed some of her musical performances but I"m
trying to entice her to
perform at the Y2K7 Loopfest.

Please check out here music......................she's a wonderful artist
who I have the highest respect for.
She has CDs for sale at her website.

http://www.unityhealinghands.com/index.html