Re: OT: Electric Guitar - fix for static noise?

With all due respect, I feel that most of the proposed solutions miss the point. Specifically:
Arne Skage wrote: "have you
tried putting a wire between the bridge and the outputjack? / check if the
strings are grounded (between the springholder outputjack)"

I believe you said that this was already properly grounded, right, Per? If the ground/earth wire from the bridge to the output jack (or to any other grounded point in the circuit) were missing, you'd get a pretty loud buzz when you let go of the strings. You're getting a buzz when you touch the pickguard, so it's something whack in the pickguard itself. VERY rare, but I experienced it myself (as mentioned in another post).

CV wrote: "some other ideas
other shoes, no shoes, antistatic spray, acrill clothing?,wool clothing,  a
conductive copper foil under the pickguard tied to  guitar ground, are your
strings to the ground ?, change the pickguard ?

Have an extstatic day"

I'd be amazed if your shoes were the problem, and you don't want to be getting into esoteric rituals (specific clothes, antistatic spray) just to accommodate one eccentric guitar. We all know the basic Strat paradigm ought to work without static discharge from the pickguard. I'm also suspicious of adding the conductive foil, as the vast majority of Strats don't need this to function properly. Conductive foil is a great upgrade for almost any instrument, but it shields the cavity/pickups from outside electromagnetic fields, not self-generated hum/static.My vote (again): change the pickguard.

CV gets extra points for "have an ex-static day!"

and Duncan suggested the anti-static wristband, which also makes me uneasy. It's the esoteric ritual thing again. Change the pickguard. I bet that will fix it.

Oh, and just for giggles - what brand/type is the current pickguard?
And more giggles - you can do the shielding foil thing with aluminum foil and two-sided tape. Very cheap and easy to do. You don't need copper foil - aluminum is actually a better conductor than copper. But there's a mojo vibe about "professional luthiers" installing copper foil, and that red-gold color sure does impress, eh?

Best,
dB
Douglas Baldwin, coyote-at-large
www.thecoyote.org