Re: Electric Guitar - fix for static noise?

My solution to eliminating all guitar hum is to use my Variax's digital
connection.  YMMV.  :-)

Of course, I don't expect that solution to be useful.  I've been building
my own Frankenstrat over the years, and also put in some vintage (reissue)
pickups (the Fender Fat '50s), and while I use the Variax most of the time
and love that I can do it without any noise, sometimes, there's nothing
like the real thing.

More on-topic: as I mentioned a month ago, I am new to looping, and
recently got the BOSS RC-2.

With my Variax connected to my PODxt Live, I can make presets that set up
my FX/amp/guitar, all with a single pedal press.  So I can go quickly from
an acoustic guitar, to a Rickenbacker through an AC-30, to a bass (a custom
Variax model where I detuned every string a full octave ... sounds decent
enough for live work!) through an Ampeg, and lay down any rhythm parts I
want with all sorts of different "guitars," all with the click of a pedal
on the PODxt Live.  And then, of course, go to a Les Paul or Strat or
whatever for laying down on top of it all.  It opens up a lot of
possibilities.

Cheers,

--
Chris Nandor             tunes@pudge.net       http://pudge.net/tunes/