Re: OT: Tube vs. DSP Amps, Mid Range Vs. Botique, etc

On 22 jan 2007, at 04.28, Krispen Hartung wrote:

> Basically, I've given up on finding a DSP amp that will delivery
> both a good tube amp simulation, plus good effects and
> combinations. Perhaps it is possible or even highly probable to get
> one or another in one DSP amp or another, but I couldn't seem to
> find both based on my tests and needs. My ultimate decision is to
> focus on just a good amp with great tone, and then worry about the
> effects later...meaning get them with my VF1.  It is a reasonable
> tradeoff until sometime in the future when they start building rack
> amount effect quality effects into boutique guitar amps...that will
> be the day, eh?  I still think they can make a DSP amp that
> emulates a tube amp to the "T", but I don't think they've done it
> yet. Perhaps the R&D is too costly to make the investment worth
> it...but I have to believe that someone could design and
> manufacture a botique DSP amp that had both great tube emulation
> and pro quality digital effects.

What you can do is to stick a mic to that blessed fender and tap the
mic signal into your effects. Except for eventual distortion or wha
pedals of course, that go as usual between guitar and amp. Then do a
sound check to set the proper balance between the fender amp mono
feed and your effects stereo feed; public as well as backline
addressing.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)