RC50 delicate footwork (was MIXED MODE)

Hi Randolf

> thanks for the great workaround idea!
> would be very interested to learn more from you how you execute your
> "delicate footwork" technique to get around the simulated mix mode. :)

Sure.
The idea is to be in MULTI MODE but still switch between PHRASE1/2 as if
you would be in SINGLE MODE. So, i.e. PHRASE3 plays ryhthm and you switch
between PHRASE1/2 just like between song parts A/B on a Boomerang.

First of all, I didn't get the Boss/Roland foot switches but others (I
believe Fatar) that have a softer/faster touch. I guess it is hard to
press down two Boss pedals almost at the same time.
Basically, you need 2 footswitches, where you assign PHRASE1/2 START/STOP.
Then, you need to basically practice the "delicate footswitching" just
like any other instrument you would practice.
Let's say you play PHRASE1. So when you press both pedals at the same
time, tehoretically PHRASE1 stops and PHRASE2 starts (and vice versa). Of
course, in practical terms, you mostly get a mess. So what I do is this:
(while PHRASE1 is playing), my foot makes a "sideways rolling" movement,
first touching PHRASE2 pedal (now also PHRASE2 starts playing), then with
very very slight delay touches the PHRASE1 pedal (PHRASE1 stops).

It really took me several evenings of praticing for timing and accuracy.
(Last thing you want to have on a gig is messing up your phrases or
timing.) First, it is frustrating, but definitely worth it.
Because then you can do sweet things like multiply, bouncing and so on.
It really brings the RC-50 to another level!!

Have fun trying

Buzap