RE: Imogen&Zoe

>  hi Zoe,
>
>>  sorry the sound was so bunk. we do actually have an engineer with us
>>  who is usually quite amazing. don't know why it got so loud.
>
>the sound in Cologne was quite clear and good :-)  but yes, it was quite
>loud at times (I was directly at the stage between the PA towers so it was
>bearable for me). Not during the more quiet pieces but Imogen's "rock"
>piece
>really shook the house :-)
>
>-Michael www.michaelpeters.de

thats how it was in Bern. sometimes impressively loud, but not for long
time...
for me, Zoes part could have been softer when solo and louder when with
Imi.

I was impressed how complex sounds and changes they dominated. A lot
of MIDI and sync going on, controllers all over. 4 Repeaters...
And still simplicity and that wonderfull Mbira get their moments and
add wonderfull dynamics...
I was most moved by the looped voices.

I loved the demonstration of the whole setup by Imogen. Fun and
deducational and adding value to the presentation from then on.

I had imagined looping as an impro tool, but those two professionals
show that its very seriously supports complex compositions. And it
still feels very different from calling ready samples!

And the room was packed, there is a public for this music, as oposed
to most experimental looping we are hearing...

I had a great evening!
Matthias
--

          ---> http://www.matthiasgrob.com