Re: SooperLooper -- problem recording over existing loop

On 2/8/07, James Nash <james@nashvillain.com> wrote:

> I'm using SooperLooper as an Audio Unit in Logic 7.2.3 on OS 10.4.8 on
> an Intel MacPro.

How have you set up the SL AU in Logic to get midi events?

> I bind a MIDI command to "record" for a loop, and it works just fine:
> send the message once and the loop starts recording, send the message
> again and the loop immediately starts playing back.  Great!
>
> But... once the loop is playing, it ignores any further MIDI messages to
> "record."  If I press the "record" key on the GUI, I get the correct
> behavior: stop playback and record over the existing loop.  But the MIDI
> command doesn't do it.

Can you send me a screenshot of the MIDI bindings tab in SL's
preferences window?
What MIDI message did you bind to Record?

> Interestingly, if I use the GUI to mute the loop, even though it's still
> playing back in time, NOW it will respond to the MIDI message to record
> again... strange.  And SooperLooper does respond to *some* MIDI commands
> during playback--I can send a message to undo the loop, and that works,
> and at that point, it also responds correctly a subsequent "record"
> message.  But SL ignores the "record" message while the loop is playing.
>  I don't get it...
>
> Has anyone else experienced this ?  Anyone know why SooperLooper is
> ignoring my "record" MIDI message while a loop is in playback ?

I've never seen this behavior.  Please feel free to join the SL
mailing list and we can continue troubleshooting there: