Re: gear question and other stuff

     Michael,

     Having started out many years ago with a single keyboard, I
eventually added two sound
modules and ran them through my Tascam 4track cassette recorder as a
mixer.  When it came time to
upgrade to a Mackie 1604, I found the sound quality to be worlds and
worlds higher in comparison.
So much of the music has been hidden in the relative lo-fi world of the
Tascam.  In addition to
'only' having 16 inputs (that's 8 stereo ins for this keyboard player), I
felt most limited by the
lack of sub outs.  So last year I upgraded once again to a Mackie 2408
(that's a 24 channel mixer
with 8 sub outs plus the master sends and 6 aux outs per channel).  I'm
already pushing the limits
with all the sends spoken for as well as all the inputs.  And that's just
for my kit alone...
Anyway, the sound quality once again went through the roof.  There is
worlds of difference between
the sound quality of the two Mackies.

     I hear that you are wanting to upgrade your mixer with an all-in-one
mixer/recording station.
 I suppose it depends on how picky you are about the quality of sound
coming out of your speakers.
 My suggestion is to work your way up over the years from a smaller system
to a larger more
expensive one.  You should be able to hear subtle and not so subtle
differences between systems
once you've had them in your studio for a while.

     Stephen

> my mackie 1202 vlz has become too small for my needs,

....michael

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html