RE: gear question and other stuff

Hey scoots. Had you considered going the rout of a digital mixing board with lap top or main frame? A friend of mine who I trust on all matters recording related has a behringer digital mixer, that replaced his older Yamaha 01 mixer, and he thinks it is fantastic, not a word usually associated with behringer. Apparently they hired a completely different set of engineers to design the thing, and it is really a nice piece of gear.  I believe it’s called the DDX3216. With a digital mixer you have both the capability to use for recording and live, with the benefits of  digital automation, and added effects algorithmns.

Bill

From: Nemoguitt@aol.com [mailto:Nemoguitt@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 7:23 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: gear question and other stuff

In a message dated 2/8/07 11:31:47 PM, vsyevolod@yahoo.com writes:

So much of the music has been hidden in the relative lo-fi world of the Tascam.

stephen.....this is what the fellow at the store told me also, the sound quality is very important to me so i guess using the tascam recorder as a mixer is not the way to go.....perhaps using my present setup and sending it into a digital recorder may be the way to go.....yikes.....too many options and not all of them are good.....i find it very interesting that there is so much of a difference between the mackies.....it never ends does it?.....:).....thnaks for responding.....michael

www.ct-collective.com
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci/
http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar11