Re: OUTI looper anyone?

Cool!  I'll check that one out.

OUTI has going for it that it can host VSTs on each track and one on the master, it has a cool 16-step loop editor that allows you to dynamically change pitch, volume, etc., it can run at a specific tempo or sync to the first track, it features a separate granular track that looks like a lot of fun, and it has a unique approach to things like multiply,etc.  But it has no overdub (!), which is really strange to me.  You hit record once, and it records into the first track.  The second press begins playing back the loop you've just recorded.  Third press records into the second track, and so on.  And there are only 4 tracks.

Also, it only receives MIDI CC, which allows you to change each parameter dynamically, but seems a bit awkward for things like Record, etc.  That added to the fact that you cannot differentiate by MIDI channel, means I would really have to spend some time programming my FCB 1010 to get to a usable place with this program.

Anyway, I may play with it some, but it seems a far shot from SooperLooper.

Oh, what I wouldn't give to have Mobius ported to Mac!

In the meantime I'm having a blast playing with the (non-live-looping) sampler program Miration:

http://www.garagecube.com/opensource/miraton/index.php

--Josh

Ben wrote:
It is on the list of my "to test" software but I was waiting for the PC update to come.
The old zip was corrupted.

I came also accross this one this weekend:
http://www.gvst.co.uk/beta.htm >> Gloop.

Still in beta.

Greetings,

Ben