Re: OT: The Police on Tour

Its beside the point to start ranking "chops"/sales figures, One elitism isnt any prettier than the next. As one pointed out the industry is weakening due to the internet and the consumers shopping habbits. This is bad for the ones raking inn the big money, but it also makes life harder for the struggeling / up and comming musician.  Everyone has their own "studio",  everyone is on myspace , This is good for the small comunities (like the looping comunity) but its getting harder to get heard as the "noisfloor" has risen dramaticly.., Of cours there are example  of bands having sucsess via myspace etc. but generaly I think the "paying" public is the only winner , the loosers are the musicians, wherever they are in the foodchain (usually at the bottom). The atitude of the kids here today is  "why pay for music when you can get it for free?",  The result is that the strugeling musicians give away their recorded music and do gigs for free ( or even pay to play) in hope that one day.... they will become....STING

2007/2/15, Tom Ritchford <tom@swirly.com>:
On 2/15/07, Arne R. Skage jr <arneskage@gmail.com> wrote:
> Welcome to the cruel world of competion, its a jungle out there so go get
> them tiger...

That argument worked a lot better a few decades ago when there was a
flat playing field and actual musicians could do pretty well.

Tell me -- aside from dinosaur acts, what current top 10 musician/pop
star is famous for their musicianship?