Re: More RC-50 Patch Selection

You can set up any of the pedals to increment or decrement the pedals
without the 2 second press.

For example, if you don't need your "UNDO" pedal you could assign it
to be a patch increment.  To decrement the patch, you would have to
"sacrifice" another pedal.

Fortunately, you can hook up to four external pedals to the RC50 and
they can be assigned to increment or decrement the patches.

The patch number can also be controlled with an MIDI program change
event that corresponds to the patch number.  If you have an external
MIDI controller that sends program change messages then this will work
"out of the box".

Note that when assigning pedals to increment or decrement patches, the
assignment is system-wide -- that is it will override the patch
settings for the affected pedals.  (This makes sense so that you can
step through patches.)

In a performance situation, you may only need to increment through the
patches so you would assign a pedal to increment.  If you need to
decrement then you'd just use the knob or go into patch-select mode
(with the two second wait).

-- Kevin