Re: Considering building an ultimate looper...

Thanks...yeah I didn't mean to sound insulting but it was starting to
look like it was going out of control on that issue :-).  The volume
control feature is a very 'fine point' but one that came to attention at
the beginning so I mentioned it.

For those who don't know, the interface I designed for Todd has analog
switches and sample/hold cells which can hold volume control voltages
for a long time.  It allows him to mute/unmute and/or select/deselect
any channel. It also displays a lo-res representation (4 LED's) of his
current volume on that channel.  4 channels.  A single volume pedal then
is used to control the volume of all selected channels....whether or not
they are muted.   And then when you unmute the channel if it's muted, it
comes back at the newly selected volume.  So for example you can create
a track, layer other tracks, the mute the first track, then back only
it's volume down, unmute it, and fade it back in.  Or whatever your
heart desires in that realm.  I'd asked Todd if cross fading would be
useful but he didn't think it was worth the effort at the time.  However
I'm hoping to put that into this version also.   In that way the
performer could for instance lay a base percussion track, then two aux.
percussion tracks and then selectively fade between them in real time!

Just a hint of some of the things that hopefully will be in this hummer.
ANOTHER really nice thing about Todd's rig of course, is that the
control i/f is small and remote from all the audio.  The cable runs from
the jamman units he uses currently go straight into a VCA box, and mix
to one audio run to the mixer since he doesn't use anyone to mix live.
The new vca box will likely have individual outs for multi-trak
recording.  -Bob