RE: Considering building an ultimate looper...

Here comes pessimistic Jeff again to bring everybody down...
(cue Joy Division)

The discussion on a "hardware Mobius" is flattering, but I really don't
think it is feasible.

For starters, Mobius has too many dependencies on modern OS
conveniences like threads, a file system, big user interface, etc.  It
would be theoretically possible to port this to an embedded system
running something other than Windows, but it would take an enormous
amount of work.  If I'm going to tackle any porting, it would be to
OSX first, and then the Muse Receptor a distant second.

So, we're left with trying to build a rack mount Windows XP machine
with all the necessary peripherals built in.  There are several
companies that do this, and at least one list member has researched
it.  It just can't be done for under $1000, and would probably be
closer to $2000.

Now you're beyond even the most expensive hardware looper and close to
a Muse Receptor.  The Receptor is nice, but they're not exactly
selling by the truckload.

Sorry for the buzzkill,
Jeff