Anyone using NI Guitar Rig 2?

Hi List,

I had a chance to try out Guitar Rig 2 and found an annoying problem.
If you assign a MIDI expression pedal to some parameter (like wha-
wha, volume or delay feedback) some rig patches create a crackling
noise when the MIDI CC data is streaming. Have other GR2 user noticed
this?

I'm not using the dedicated hardware pedal, Rig Kontrol 2, but I'm
wondering if the noise artifact issue is active there too?

Except for the above mentioned bug, GR2 sounds good to me. But it
does color the sound in a certain way. I was listening to the online
video where Dwezil Zappa demonstrates that "you can get any sound
with GR2" and I could clearly hear that every sound he was
demonstrating sounded as GR2 in the first place and only, secondly,
reminded of certain well known rigs out there ;-)  But I don't have a
problem with the typical GR2 sound, it's not bad. I wouldn't mind
though to have a lot more options for how to patch effects, but I
guess they would loose sales "as being too complicated" if they
should open it up for users to patch up effect chains in the same way
you can do with a FireworX or an Eclipse.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)