Re: What do you think is necessary in order to have an excellent composition?

Christophe wrote:
> To me, anyway, and speaking just as a listener, it matters not at all.
> There isn't any intrinsic or inherent value to forcing music being in a
> set scale or key or imposing any structure at all, really.   The
> significant thing is the effect that the music produces in the hearer,
> which does not  of neccesity depend on any structure imposed on the
>music.

I'm agree with this concept.
Luciano Berio said that "Music is all that what i hear with the intention
hear music"
That said, i personally find that climax is the best factor.

About this topic, if interested i can suggest "Style and Idea" by
Schoenberg
http://www.amazon.com/Style-Idea-Selected-Arnold-Schoenberg/dp/0520052943

Greetings

Fabio