Re: Announcing the 2006 Boise Experimental Music Festival 2-CD Compilation

I forgot to elaborate on who is on this CD, from Looper's Delight, our very own Rick Walker, Ted Killian, Jeff Kaiser, Lumper-Splitter (Joe Rut and Lucio Menegon), and of course me.  There are some great duo and trio pieces from these guys.

Also worth mentioning...on the first CD, last song, we have a local guy,  Unicorn Feather (Elijah Jensen), playing a vintage knitting machine (this huge contraption he brought up on stage)...he manipulated it with a condenser mic, plucking various things, looping it...at one point he starts to talk backwards (literally) so that he could reverse the loop later and decode it. It's one of my favorite pieces from the festival in terms of pushing the edge.

On the second CD, second song, we have another local, Gretchen Jude, playing nothing but her laptop and MAX/MSP..called Cybernetic Lovesong....I love this one too.

The two sampler MP3s are here:

Kris