Re: Anyone running both Mobius and Reaktor as Standalone?

 > I'm trying to figure out how I could run both Mobius and Reaktor as
 > standalone apps.

The only reliable way to do this would be to use a multi-channel
sound card, and physically patch the Mobius and Reaktor channels
together like you would with a hardware patch bay.

Ideally, this is what Rewire is all about.  Unfortunately
the paranoids at Propellorhead will not make the Rewire toolkits
available to individual developers such as myself, you have
to be a company that develops commercial products.  Someday I
may try to go through the legal rigamarole necessary to claim
that I'm a "company" but this cost money and time I don't have
right now.

The fine folks over at Cockos, makers of Reaper and Ninjam, have
been working on something called ReaRoute which is conceptually
similar to ReWire but looks to the application as if it was
a normal ASIO device.  I had some trouble with this when I
tried it about 6 months ago.

There are a few other audio piping devices floating around, but they
don't work very well.  If you want to try one of these, don't pay the
shareware price before you make sure it will work.

Jeff