Re: Immersive sound

when we "tested" the bose PAS against the mackie srms  at y2k6 i
thought that the bose sounded great, yes there was some feedback but
not as much as i had expected.....to put together a stereo system you
need two bose "towers" with 2 subs.....when all is said and done i
thought the bose were just as unfriendly to the back as the mackies,
the tower was 2 pieces (and not that light) plus the bases to hold the
towers and then you had to add the subs, more trips than the
srms.....also i thought that the bose speakers were very fussy stereo
wise as you had to find a sweet spot directly between the 2 towers, i
found that sitting in the chair right next to the sweet one effected
the stereo field, i think the srms were a bit more forgiving in this
regard.....which system sounded better?, they seemed pretty equal to
me, i had thought that the bose would blow the mackies away but this
was not the case but this could have been due to the fact that no one
really had the time to tweek either system to their needs or desired
ends.....but this is all the opinion of an old coot who's ears ring
more than the dinner bell.....michael

www.ct-collective.com
http://mysite.verizon.net/vzepmeci/
http://www.myspace.com/klobuchar11

   I had a chace to check ou the bose PAS yesterday,

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.