Re: Hartung's 'Fragments'

Wow, thank you so much for the kind review, Fabio.  Your comments resonate
well with how
I view my own music and how I want it to come across to other
listeners...so
this is good news.

Also, I will take your suggestion seriously, about reducing the length of
my
future CDs. I think you
make a good point, which I was unwilling to recognize in the past.
Because
of the costs of getting a
CD out, and the fear that listeners might feel short changed, I tend to
use
up almost all 80 minutes of
my CDs....thinking that I was benefiting the listener and giving them more
"bang" for their buck. However,
I believe you are correct that for music this complex, 80 minutes, or even
74 minutes to too much to consume.

My goal in future CDs will be to keep them under 1 hour (targeting 45
minutes), and also to make my
songs a bit shorter (4-6 minutes).  I've been thinking how to keep my
songs
shorter anyway...attempting
to "truncate" my musical expressions to the main messages, but without
sacrificing any sense of natural flow.
This is sometimes a major challenge, as more complex musical ideas take
longer to develop. I forces us
to ask questions like, "How long do I need to loop this part and just add
ambient textures to it for me to
get my "idea" across....and, how long does the section need to loop before
the listener says, "Okay, I get
it now....when is the next page of the story going to turn?"

Kris