new experimental music project

Nico Spahni wrote:
"An improvising musician and a sound manipulator interact musically with
each other in real-time.
Do you think this project is worth persuing? Is there anyone who has
worked in a similar direction? I'd love to hear about your sonic
ventures."

Hi Nico,   this exact concept has fascinated me for many years now and I
try
use this kind of improv frequently when I collaborate with artists.

At the Y2K6 Live Looping Festival,  Per Boysen processed me (beautifully I
might add) as I played
multiple instruments with Rainer Straschill as an example.

Using this concept as the center for an entire festival,  I produced the
first West Coast (or perhaps
even American) Festival of Voice and Electronics where I assembled
10 excellent singers from wildly different styles (death metal to opera,
avant garde to new age,
beatboxers to pop)  and assembled three 'processing' musicians,    Mike
Biffel (Miko B),
Bill Walker and myself to process a 15 minute improvisation by each singer.

L.D. avant garde looper, Matt Davignon,  took this same concept and
incorporated it into an
artistically successful larger two city festival (or thingee as he called
it) the next year.

What is so beautiful about the concept is that true deep listening has to
happen in order for a
musically successful performance to occur.      The instrumentalist cannot
control what the processor
does and the processor cannot control what the instrumentalist plays and
yet
the end results
are very different aesthetically than two musicians interacting and
playing
instruments at the same time.
On some levels it almost requires deeper listening than in a tradtional
duet
between instrumentalists.

It forces a kind of hyper solo instrumentalism and I think frequently
beautiful results can occur.

Best of luck with the project and if I can ever be of service to you in
your
attempts please let me know.
I've been doing this now for about 7 years.