Re: What do you think is necessary in order to have an excellentcomposition?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Tiedje" <Stefan-Tiedje@addcom.de>

> Krispen Hartung wrote:
>> Absolutely, especially when discussing with one's significant other.
>> The last thing I would say at a romantic dinner is, "Dear, let me
>> tell you about how I think the term 'beauty' is meaningless...[insert
>> sound of plate flying through air and annihilating face with filet
>> mignone]" :)
>
> This vision should lead you directly to the (context sensitive) meaning
>of
> the word beauty.

That's right. In fact, I rarely ever use the term. I find it easier to cut
to the
chase and just say what I mean, which is to clarify what I like or makes me
feel good. My ultimate goal is to communicate in such a way that I
dispense
with
all value language...no good, bad, beautiful, etc...just descriptive
statements
that describe how I feel, what I observe, etc.  It's not always possible
do
this in complex settings, so the abbreviated, albeit nonsensical
evaluative
term
has to work. It's a lesser of two "evils"....heh heh....just
kidding....but
that is
an example. I don't believe in a thing such as evil, or that "evil"
denotes
any
real attribute in the world. But when I say "lesser of two evils" it is a
truncated
way to say something that boils down to non-value based language for me.
So, one might ask me here, am I also an ethical non-cognitivist? Most
certainly.

Kris