From making music (home) - to giving out music (cd-itunes) - and getting gigs

>     * From: rune fagereng <rune_fagereng@yahoo.no>
>
> Are there record
> -labels that are into the things we (loopers) do ?

Yes. But not for the reason of "looping used" as much as for the
style and quality of the music. In your country for example you have
Eyvind Aarset that uses some looping now and then. But I think his
music is rather labeled as "Electro-Jazz" or something similar.

> Isnt it like this - if one dont get the music out -
> there will not be any gigs

No, it's not like that. Normally it is the other way around: you do a
lot of gigs and that leads to a chance to have a CD out (commercially
sponsored by a record label, the "old school way")

> 1. Making cd without a record-deal? What do you guys
> do ?
> -covers- print - distributing - rights - and so on....

Check the list archives. Many good pressing plants and CDR burning
services was recommended some two, three months ago.

> 2. Is it possible to have ones music (without
> record-deal) on Itunes ?

Yes. You can turn directly to one of the aggregating services Apple
uses to provide them material. I have used CD Baby once, which worked
well, but there are today many services that do not require an issue
of printer CDs. I remember there used to be a link from the iTunes
web page to a listing. Do some Googling!

> How are one to get from making music at home to:
> getting the music on cd - the getting it out there
> (itunes) - how to getting it know - thats it out there
> - and then maybe getting gigs ?

Use email and phone. Call up venues and book gigs. Play at festivals
that draw people that like the music you make. If you're looking for
detailed advices and tricks I can recommend to read at CD Baby as
well as subcribing to their Indie Contact Newsletter.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)