Re: RC-50 Software update question

had a late answer from roland support in the us regarding the rc50....but
have already let the matter go in my mind....still interesting
tho.......he
sounds a bit worn down by my questions...

"The RC-50 has had a few quirks in its short life. One, a short skip in
the
audio playback upon using it live to loop, was addressed in an update.
These
updates come from Japan where the product is designed, developed and
manufactured. When they get to the US, they are complete and ready to go
on
the shelf. If they need fixes, such as the RC-50 needed, it requires us to
contact Roland Japan and ask their engineers to stop the development on
upcoming products and to turn their attention to developing this software
update. Needless to say, it can sometimes be difficult to convince our
parent company that they NEED to do something for us. Although we here at
Roland US seem like we own and operate the entire Roland world, the real
truth is that we are merely distributors of the Roland brand here in the
US.
We are the Guitar Center that ONLY sells Roland, you could say.

Anyhow, long explanations aside, this is the reason behind the "That is
the
way it works" answer you seem to keep getting. We don't HAVE engineers
here
in the US that we can tell to "get on it" or to devote to, what we
consider,
an important update. We don't have a way to fix this problem you are
having
and it seems that we may not have a way in the near future. We were very
lucky to get the one update we did receive and it would seem that there
are
no more coming down the pipeline. I realize this may be a little
disillusioning for you, but I guess sometimes the truth can do that. In
the
end, if the pedal seems unstable and unusable to you, it may not be the
product for you.

Again, sorry for the lengthy message, but you seemed to want a rock solid
answer. This explanation is literally THE best answer you can get from
anyone in the entire US on this product.
I hope that this helps answer your request. If you need more assistance in
this matter, please either re-submit your support request or contact our
Product Support Department at the appropriate number:

Digital Recorders and Mixers: 323-890-3741
Guitar/Percussion Products: 323-890-3743
Pianos, Organs, Arrangers: 323-890-3744
Synths/Sound Modules/Groove Products: 323-890-3745
Product Support Main: 323-890-3740

Sincerely,
Roland Product Support"