Re: inaccessability of music

>I played a gig in Toronto about two weeks ago where there the players
>outnumbered the one person that showed up.

>After some discussion, we all agreed that the singular form of
audience >is 'audient'.

>ted.

I once played a gig for literally no (paying) audience- just the other
people on the bill, the promoter, and the guy behind the bar. The
promoter was the only one really upset of all of us.  We played, had
fun, and talked the promoter into joining us on percussion.  Not a
problem.

By "accessability" (or the lack of it) in my last post I guess I meant
that blank stare when they pop the CD in, followed by it's removal at
the earliest possible polite opportunity.  Not giving the unusual or
seemingly dissonant a chance to sink in.  Lack of attention span,
mabye.  My music needs quiet attention to work, so I've already got two
strikes against me before I start.  I could try doing a "hook" piece to
suck people in, but that's like feeding people Ice Cream and than
switching to Kimchee.