RE: audient(s)

Quoting Chris Smart <chris_s@sympatico.ca>:

> How many of you gig and do other musical things to make a living? Fine
> if you play one gig a month and are a dentist by day or something, but
> don't you want more butts in those seats, just to pay the bills?

To answer you question, I gig and do other things, musical and
non-musical, to generate income.  I make a substantial portion of my
income on music performance and other musical activities.

Generally the venue or event attracts the people -- unless a
musician's name is ubiquitous, most people don't know one from
another.  They go out to a club, a church, a festival, or some event
and the music is "there".

In my own experience, the music that I get paid to play is not
necessarily music that enjoy playing.  I enjoy composing and
performing my own electronic/experimental music and to find outlets
for it, paid or unpaid, is quite a challenge here in Kansas City.

I give every performance the same amount of attention and care.

If I happen to play somewhere and you are the only person who shows
up, I will put the same care and effort into the music as I would if I
were playing for a huge crowd.

-- Kevin