Re: audient(s)

On 9 mar 2007, at 17.09, Chris Smart wrote:
> How many of you gig and do other musical things to make a living?

Well, I do. Today mainly "other musical things".  I give classes,
teach private students, write magazine articles on music, write books
on music or consult as an advisor for recording producers. Thanks to
this I can afford to turn down badly paid gigs or gigs that are not
interesting to do (and as an effect of that never going to be
interesting for anyone to see either). Good thing I have gotten more
calls lately concerning "live looping", which I think is way more fun
than mocking up music in a studio environment. Ten years ago I was a
"full time recording artist" in list oriented music. I quickly grew
to hate that and was the first to leave the project to get out
(leaving some label investors with holes in wallets - happy I never
signed any "full personal responsibility" contracts. The only reason
I kept doing it for some years was that I had promised my friends in
the band to stay). The problem was that there were way too few
activities that had to do with playing music. Normally we had to
travel around talking to media and do badly paid playback shows "for
promotion" at fashion design shows, in-biz show case arrangements,
and likely events.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)