audient

   I used to make a living playing,and I've played everywhere from the
street to stadia. The largest audience I ever played live in front of,
175,000 was on the street. It was the San Francisco Carnival parade,in
'99.
We won 3 prizes inc. best music.
  Anyway,yes it can be a bummer for working players to have no turn
out,but
the best response is to treat it as a chance to work on developing the
ability to play really well no matter what else is happening. I don't mean
just with precisiion and energy ,I mean really making the moment vividly
alive,and really engaging and moving the people who are hearing.
Developing
that kind of power is key to making a living in performance. Besides,if
musicians can't communicate to a small audience,how can they communicate
a large one? Playing on the street is a real education-no one is there to
hear you,there' lot's of competition for attention,sonic and physical
space.
If you can draw and hold a crowd on the street you can play anywhere.
   We played a gig once in theis bldg called a tennis stadium,held about
2000,the gig drew about 20.The bldg was a 50 foot tall quonset hut open on
either end.The set us up in the middle.and the only sound we could make
was
wwaowwoawwoawwoawwaowaawoaawoa,   about 2.5 second intervals
  This group did  dance songs,but we liked playing wierd stuff so we went
with it.The audience all left but we kept playing for 90 minutes till they
kicked us out.Our only regret was that we didn't record.

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a
month.
Intro*Terms