Re: inaccessability of music

I've played to two in Arizona, one in D.C., and zero in Chicago (even
the bartender went outside before our set). I've played to single-digit
"crowds" so often that at this point, having three people be interested
and attentive is, literally, enough for me. And even if there's only
one, if that person talks to me after the gig, either buying a cd or
just expressing some kind of interest, I call it fully successful.

I laugh when I hear stories of how I'm supposed to be impressed that the
Police played their first Stateside gig at the Rat, in Boston, to only
20 people. Twenty! Fluffers.

I find low expectations in this realm to be extremely healthy from a
personal standpoint.

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com