Re: Hi - new here and looking for advice

Quoting Whitehorse_ dreams <whitehorse_dreams@hotmail.com>:

> I know I want to be able to  practice at home (with good headphones
> so I don't drive the  neighbours crazy) on the same equipment. What
> could I use to create  good drum tracks live? I'd be really
> interested to know if any of  you use a set-up like this.

Hi!

 From the situation you describe, you may want to consider purchasing
a small mixer -- for example, the Mackie's have excellent headphone
amplifiers and that would cover your need to work with a headphone as
well as provide you flexibility for hooking mics, loop pedals, and
other instruments together.

Such a mixer would give you the flexibility to route mono or stereo
line level signals to a PA system.  If the venue already has a PA,
then you would be covered.

For your own PA, you might want to consider powered monitors or a Bose
PAS (kind of pricey, though).  The point being that your mixer can
serve as the "hub" for your setup and afford you the flexibility to
route to your or someone else's PA.

Will be interested to read others' suggestions.  There are many ways
to put together a system -- the main thing is to put together whatever
serves your needs.

The only suggestion I would give is to get quality equipment -- it may
cost a little more up front however you will fight fewer technical
battles and have more time to make music.  Fortunately, there is a lot
of great equipment out there that is modestly priced.

All the best to you,

-- Kevin